Sometimes, when I write a post, I feel like writing a long narrative about a particular topic. However, when I am feeling particularly spacy and all over the place, a list is more my writing speed, as it gives me a chance to recap and reflect on the things bouncing around in my brain. This is certainly one of those mornings when creating a list will be like therapy. So here’s my week in review! (Be sure to read to the end of the post for the highlight of my week!)
1) All week long, I had a huge work-related task to get done. I originally set a goal of chipping away at it an hour a day until I was finished, by next Wednesday, when it is due. It was definitely one of those things that once I started, I just wanted to keep going to get it done. So I did, and I finally finished the dreaded assignment yesterday afternoon! I worked on it Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and I happy to report that weight has been lifted off of my back.
2) What I am unhappy to report is that another work task has been placed in my lap, and this one may be bigger and badder than the last! I do have more time to make it happen, including my winter break, so I am not going to stress over it too much right now. I will certainly use my “chipping away” approach, so it gets done without too much interruption to my daily routine.
3) Food this week has been a healthy, but boring. I have been feasting on Mama Pea’s Spicy African Peanut Stew with quinoa and steamed veggies for dinner all week. Lunches are the only semi-interesting part of my day, food-wise. About a week ago, I roasted up a gigantic butternut squash, and have been trying to be creative with how to incorporate it into my lunches. For the past few days, I have been layering the coconut-oil roasted squash with either goat cheese or a slice of provolone and baby romaine lettuce between two whole wheat mini pitas. The combo is a hit– it’s sweet, savory, salty with a nice touch of crunchy greens, and now I am sad my squash is gone!
Here’s a pic of the goat cheese version (before I piled on the greens).
I also included the squash in an all veggie and hummus salad:
Lastly, I enjoyed it with some other roasted veggies, carrot-ginger soup, and pita bread with cheese!
4) This has been my best workout week in a long time, due to consistency and sticking to my plan. As I already documented a few days ago, I worked out Saturday through Wednesday, and kept it going both Thursday and Friday. I plan on running today in a little bit, which will have me at a week-long exercise streak! Don’t get me wrong– everyday was not heart-pounding– rather, I mixed it up with weight-training, harder cardio, and easier recovery cardio. I am quite proud of myself for sticking to my fitness schedule this week!
5) Now, for the biggest and best announcement of the week: I had a major brush with fame last night. As I have mentioned on the blog before, I have a certain local connection with my favorite reality tv star Pauly D of the Jersey Shore. No, I do not know him personally, but I had a feeling our paths would cross soon enough. That time finally came last night, when Pauly D was the surprise DJ at a small event I was chaperoning! I nearly lost it when I saw him! Listen boys and girls, dreams can come true! And my dream of seeing Pauly D live and ten feet in front of me came true last night! Need proof? Here’s some awful, but equally awesome pictures!
I can only show you the pics that do not have student faces in them, so that’s all I can share, but believe me, it was so much fun to be surrounded by a bunch of high-schoolers dancing to DJ Pauly D! There were even camera crews, as rumor has it he is filming for his own spin-off show!
How could I end my week on a better note? I think it probably would have been impossible to top that one!
How was your week in review?